Imagine an indoor, temperature-controlled, off-leash dog park where a lifeguard is always “on duty” – that’s our Doggie Dates class! This class offers a perfect balance of education and fun. While your dog plays off-leash (with trainer supervision), you’ll learn about their unique social behavior, social preferences, appropriate vs. inappropriate play, on- and off-leash greetings, dog body language, and more. Groups will be matched up based on temperament, size, age, and compatibility, and students can look forward to on-going play sessions and life-long friendships between owners and dogs. Think of this as your private and educational dog park!
This is one of our on-going classes so you can enroll and begin coming to class at any time. It is also very flexible and accommodates busy schedules. Weekly attendance is not required, and there are no makeup lessons required for missed weeks. You have twelve business weeks to attend your six classes. You do not need to know which six dates you will attend ahead of time. We only ask that if you are going to miss a class, you email your instructor beforehand to let them know. Students are given a chance to renew for another six weeks of fun at the end of each package, and can continue to attend in their class session as long as space is available.
– The appropriate ages for this class are any dogs six months old at the start of class. Any puppies under six months of age are welcome to sign up for our Successful Socialization class to socialize with more age-appropriate puppies.
– Since spots go quickly, we require both pre-registration and non-refundable pre-payment to reserve a spot. This helps you (and other interested owners) know exactly which sessions are still available.
– We like to keep our class size small – so we limited it to six dogs enrolled so that the dogs aren’t overwhelmed each session.
– If you have two dogs, living within the same family, that you’d like to bring together, please use coupon code “2nddog” for 50% off your second dog’s registration fee.
– We’re sorry, but this class does not cover manners and obedience (such as potty training, crate training, destructive chewing, sit, down, focus, wait, etc). If you’re interested in manners and obedience training, please check out our Foundations or Focused Fidos options.
– Behavior challenges (such as severe on-leash reactivity – barking, growling, and/or lunging at others while on leash – excessive barking, separation anxiety, confinement distress, extreme fearfulness of people or dogs, or aggression) cannot be covered in a group class setting. If you are experiencing this type behavior with your dog, please check out our private training options. This way, we can tailor a training program to tackle your dog’s individual needs.