Fantastic Fidos is an outside group class for teams that have completed our Foundations course and are hoping to attain their Canine Good Citizen, Advanced CGC, or Urban CGC award through the AKC, work towards an off-leash recall, finesse their loose-leash walking skills, or build on their current manners and obedience while adding real world distractions. The Fantastic Fidos curriculum does not differ each week as much as the Focused Fidos class, as we are primarily focusing on key outside skills. This is a great class to help you get to that “next level” and have a good time with your dog. Please note, due to this class being held outside, it will only be offered from September to June.
This is one of our on-going classes so you can enroll and begin coming to class at any time. It is also very flexible and accommodates busy schedules. Weekly attendance is not required, and there are no makeup lessons required for missed weeks. You have twelve business weeks to attend your six classes. You do not need to know which six dates you will attend ahead of time. We only ask that if you are going to miss a class, you email your instructor beforehand to let them know. Students are given a chance to renew for another six weeks of fun at the end of each package, and can continue to attend in their class session as long as space is available.
– This class is for any dog six months of age or older, who has graduated from our Foundations class – you do not need to have practiced or mastered anything from Foundations to join us in Fantastic Fidos. We prefer to have you unfinished skills from Foundations to work on in Fantastic Fidos, where we can give you hands on help and attention. If you have taken training classes from another trainer in the past, please email – firstname.lastname@example.org – to see if you can jump right into Fantastic Fidos.
– Since spots go quickly, we require both pre-registration and non-refundable pre-payment to reserve a spot. This helps you (and other interested owners) know exactly which sessions are still available.
– This class meets weekly, at the designated time. Weekly attendance is not required, and there are no makeup lessons necessary for missed weeks. This is a much more flexible class that accommodates busy lives and schedules. You have twelve business weeks to attend six classes. We do not require you to know which six dates you will attend ahead of time. We only ask that if you are going to miss a class, you email your instructor beforehand to let them know.
– Fantastic Fidos classes do not have lecture time – it is an hour of activities and games for you and your dog each week, and no more trying to keep them occupied during lecture time! We also like to keep our class size small – so we limited it to seven so that each team gets individual teacher attention and assistance. This allows you more one on one time with an instructor so that you get more specific attention to your personal goals and training issues and more time for questions, advice, assistance, and critiques.
– You can alternate which dog you bring to Fantastic Fidos. If you have more than one dog at home, you don’t have to bring the second dog through Foundations in order for them to attend Fantastic Fidos with you. And you don’t have to sign your second (or third) dog up for their own session of Fantastic Fidos – you can alternate who you bring each week. Of course, signing each dog up for their own session has its benefits. We also have several couples enrolled with two dogs in the same class.
– We’re sorry, but this class does not cover behavior challenges such as severe on-leash reactivity (barking, growling, and/or lunging at others while on leash), excessive barking, separation anxiety, confinement distress, extreme fearfulness of people or dogs, or aggression as these cannot be covered in a group class setting. If you are experiencing this behavior, please check out our private training options. This way, we can tailor a training program to tackle your dog’s individual needs.