Imagine an indoor, temperature-controlled, off-leash puppy park where a lifeguard is always “on duty” – this interactive class offers a perfect balance of education and socialization! While your puppy plays off-leash (with trainer supervision), you’ll learn about their unique social behavior, social preferences, appropriate vs. inappropriate play, on- and off-leash greetings, dog body language, and more! You’ll learn how to properly socialize your puppy outside of the classroom and even go on “scavenger hunts” with them.
Our Puppy Starters is more than your typical puppy class. This is our most popular class and it’s praised by experienced and first-time owners alike because we set the right foundation. We believe training should be fun, so everything is age-appropriate. This class follows the AKC’s S.T.A.R. Puppy program to teach our puppies basic obedience – sit, down, stay, come, and leave it – while also nipping any naughty behaviors that are arising – potty training troubles, play biting, jumping on people, destructive chewing, and pulling on leash. Like our Successful Socialization class, Puppy Starters is designed to give your puppy a fun and successful learning environment. Our main focus is on the skills you’ll need to continue bond-building and raising your puppy to be a well-socialized, well-mannered adult.
– The appropriate ages for this class are any puppies under 6 months old at the start of class. For any dog over six months of age, visit our Foundations page to learn more about our adult dog program.
– AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy test ($20 value) is included and will take place at graduation.
– Since spots go quickly, we require both pre-registration and non-refundable pre-payment to reserve a spot. This helps you (and other interested owners) know exactly which sessions are still available.
– This class meets weekly, at the designated time, for seven consecutive weeks. Weekly attendance is required, although we try to offer makeup options if an unavoidable conflict arises during the class.
– This class requires the same student to attend with the dog all seven weeks. An assistant can also attend each week but is not allowed to attend in the place of the registered student.
– We like to keep our class size small – so we limited it to six so that the puppies aren’t overwhelmed and each team gets individual teacher attention and assistance.
– If you have two puppies, living within the same family, that you’d like to bring together, please use coupon code “2nddog” for 50% off your second puppy’s registration fee.
– We’re sorry, but this class does not cover behavior challenges such as severe on-leash reactivity (barking, growling, and/or lunging at others while on leash), excessive barking, separation anxiety, confinement distress, extreme fearfulness of people or dogs, or aggression as these cannot be covered in a group class setting. If you are already experiencing this type behavior with your puppy, please check out our private training options. This way, we can tailor a training program to tackle your puppy’s individual needs.