Fun is the key word here! Both you and your dog will have a blast as we teach them to jump over hurdles, run through tunnels, and balance on the wobble board. Since this class is for fun and not competition-focused, you can also expect to see additional fun obstacles peppered in throughout the class. This is to help your dog continue building confidence on uneven surfaces or jump through more than just a standard hurdle. You might see a skateboard, an inflatable exercise/stability ball, hula hoops, and more!
Do you have a shy or fearful dog? Agility training is one of the easiest and most enjoyable ways to build confidence and help their personalities bloom! A great option for high-energy dogs, owners who don’t have a fenced-in backyard to play in, or for teams just looking for a new way to bond and something new to try. All of our Agility for Fun classes are held indoors, in a temperature-controlled facility, so you can run and play no matter the weather.
Please note: since dogs are not fully physically developed until 18 months of age, we cannot accommodate any dogs under 12 months of age in our Agility for Fun classes. If your dog is under a year old, please look at our Puppy Optimists classes.
This is one of our on-going classes so you can enroll and begin coming to class at any time. It is also very flexible and accommodates busy schedules. Weekly attendance is not required, and there are no makeup lessons required for missed weeks. You have ten business weeks to attend your six classes. You do not need to know which six dates you will attend ahead of time. We only ask that if you are going to miss a class, you email your instructor beforehand to let them know. Students are given a chance to renew for another six weeks of fun at the end of each package, and can continue to attend in their class session as long as space is available.
– This class is for any dog 12 months of age or older, who has graduated from our Foundations class (if you have taken training classes from another trainer in the past, please email – [email protected] – to see if you can jump right into Agility for Fun). Any puppies under twelve months of age are welcome to sign up for our Puppy Optimists classes to use the low-impact equipment in an age-appropriate way. While using the equipment is not the sole focus of the Puppy Optimists class, it will still play a major role in the class curriculum.
– If your dog is under eighteen months of age, over eight years of age, or has any health concerns – neck, spine, hip issues, arthritis, exercise-induced ataxia, etc – please notify your instructor before your first class with us so we can ensure equipment and exercises are adapted correctly for your dog and their needs.
– Since spots go quickly, we require both pre-registration and non-refundable pre-payment to reserve a spot. This helps you (and other interested owners) know exactly which sessions are still available.
– This class meets weekly, at the designated time. Weekly attendance is not required, and there are no makeup lessons necessary for missed weeks. This is a much more flexible class that accommodates busy lives and schedules. You have ten business weeks to attend six classes. We do not require you to know which six dates you will attend ahead of time. We only ask that if you are going to miss a class, you email your instructor beforehand to let them know.
– This class does not have lecture time – it is an hour of activities and games for you and your dog each week. So, no more trying to keep them occupied during lecture time! We also like to keep our class size small – so we limited it to four so that each team gets individual teacher attention and assistance. This allows you more one on one time with an instructor so that you get more specific attention to your personal goals and more time for questions, advice, assistance, and critiques.
– If you have more than one dog at home, you don’t have to bring the second dog through Foundations in order for them to attend class with you. If you have two dogs that you’d like to bring together, please use coupon code “2nddog” for 50% off your second dog’s registration fee. We require each dog to have their own handler – one person cannot bring two dogs. If you do not have a second person, you can alternate who you bring to class each week. You could also sign your dog up for their own class at a different day/time. Of course, signing each dog up for their own session has its benefits but we have several couples enrolled with two dogs in the same class. We’re really very flexible.
– This class does not cover manners and obedience (such as potty training, crate training, destructive chewing, sit, down, focus, wait, etc). If you’re interested in manners and obedience training, please check out our Foundations, Dynamic Dogs, or Canine Good Citizen Prep options.
– We’re sorry, but this class does not cover behavior challenges such as severe on-leash reactivity (barking, growling, and/or lunging at others while on leash), excessive barking, separation anxiety, confinement distress, extreme fearfulness of people or dogs, or aggression as these cannot be covered in a group class setting. If you are experiencing this behavior, please check out our Private Training options, especially our Private Activities package, so you can have the training center (and your instructor) all to yourself.