“As a first-time dog owner, I had no idea where to start with training with Mabel. I looked at a lot of other training facilities out there, but All Dogs Allowed stood out to me and had great reviews. I loved the comprehensive course work over the last few weeks. I know we aren’t done with training but we have a great foundation, and I feel a lot more confident.” – Courtney & Mabel
Foundations – Mondays 8pm-9pm starting October 26th
6 in stock
6 in stock
Did you just adopt a new family dog or have you been putting off training and now you need some help teaching manners around the house? Our Foundations class is more than your typical commands class. We address common canine problems – potty training, crate training, nipping, biting, jumping on people, pulling on the leash, stealing food, and destructive chewing, as well as obedience cues such as sit, down, wait/stay, focus, come when called, drop it, leave it, and more! We also cover other areas of dog ownership, such as socialization, grooming, nutrition, and toy shopping (want to find a toy your dog can’t destroy?). You will learn how to get a behavior every time you ask for it and have a calm dog who is under control in any situation and is a joy to be around, whether at home or out in public.
This is our most popular class, and it’s praised by experienced and first-time owners alike because we set the right foundation. We give you new ways to communicate with your dog and help the dog become a problem solver and, independently, make better choices. This helps both dog and owner work together as a team, all while building a long-lasting relationship. Think your dog is too old? We’ve had dogs as old as eleven attend our Foundations class and learn something new! If you are ready to build a strong foundation with your dog, one that will help you accomplish any of your future goals, whether they are just getting along better around the house or earning your Canine Good Citizen title, this is the class for you!
– This class is for any dog six months of age or older. For any dog under six months of age, visit our Puppy Starters page to learn more about our puppy options.
– Since spots go quickly, we require both pre-registration and non-refundable pre-payment to reserve a spot. This helps you (and other interested owners) know exactly which sessions are still available.
– This class meets weekly, at the designated time, for eight consecutive weeks. Weekly attendance is required, although we do offer make up options if an unavoidable conflict arises during the class. The first three weeks of class should not be missed, if at all possible, and should be taken in consecutive order as they build on one another and form the foundation for the full eight-week class.
– This class requires the same student to attend with the dog all eight weeks. Family members can also attend each week but are not allowed to attend in the place of the registered student.
– We like to keep our class size small – so we limited it to six so that each team gets individual teacher attention and assistance.
– We’re sorry, but this class does not cover behavior challenges such as severe on-leash reactivity (barking, growling, and/or lunging at others while on leash), excessive barking, separation anxiety, confinement distress, extreme fearfulness of people or dogs, or aggression as these cannot be covered in a group class setting. If you are experiencing this behavior, please check out our private training options. This way, we can tailor a training program to tackle your dog’s individual needs.
– If your dog can’t attend our Foundations class, you are still welcome to attend! The cost is $150 to audit/attend without your dog.