Dreaming of being able to take your dog to volunteer around the community in hospitals, nursing homes, schools, or more? Then this is the class for you!
- Handling and Advocacy
- Situational awareness and proactive reactions
- Introductions and desensitization to medical equipment
- Working around Stranger and Guest visits
- Working around the town (field trips)
- Strengthening basic commands
This class is taught by a Certified Pet Partners Hander. The test is not included in the class but it can be arrange if you and your dog are ready to take it.
We’re sorry, but this class does not cover behavior challenges such as severe on-leash reactivity (barking, growling, and/or lunging at others while on leash), excessive barking, separation anxiety, confinement distress, extreme fearfulness of people or dogs, or aggression as these cannot be covered in a group class setting. If you are experiencing this behavior, please check out our private training options. This way, we can tailor a training program to tackle your dog’s individual needs.