“Signing up for puppy class at All Dogs Allowed was one of the best decisions we ever made! It’s really helped us to be confident and competent puppy parents. We truly can’t thank you enough for all your knowledge and help over the past seven weeks. We have had several people comment on how well behaved our puppy is out in public and how well she walks on her leash. She is only 4 1/2 months old! We are so proud of her and we wouldn’t be where we are today without your class. We look forward to the next level and cannot wait to see what it brings.”
Puppy STARters – Saturdays 10:00am-11:00am starting March 12th (Small Dogs 25lbs or Under)
5 in stock
5 in stock
Our Puppy Starters is more than your typical puppy class! This is our most popular class, and it’s praised by experienced and first-time owners alike because we set the right foundation. We believe training should be fun, so everything is age-appropriate. If your puppy was too old to attend our Successful Socialization class, no worries! Our Puppy Starters class has many of the same elements so that you can start off on the right “paw”. We’ll also give you new ways to socialize and help your puppy grow.
This class follows the AKC’s S.T.A.R. Puppy program to teach our puppies basic obedience – sit, down, come, and drop it – while also nipping any naughty behaviors that are arising – potty training troubles, play biting, jumping on people, destructive chewing, and pulling on leash. Like our Successful Socialization class, Puppy Starters is designed to give your puppy a fun and successful learning environment. Our primary focus is on the skills you’ll need to continue bond-building and raising your new puppy to be a well-socialized, well-mannered adult.
– The appropriate ages for this class are any puppies between 16 weeks and 24 weeks of age at the start of class. For any dog over six months of age, visit our Foundations page to learn more about our adult dog program.
– AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy test ($20 value) is included and will take place during graduation.
– Since spots go quickly, we require both pre-registration and non-refundable pre-payment to reserve a spot. This helps you (and other interested owners) know exactly which sessions are still available.
– This class meets weekly, at the designated time, for seven consecutive weeks. Weekly attendance is required, although we try to offer makeup options if an unavoidable conflict arises during the class.
– This class requires the same student to attend with the dog all seven weeks. An assistant can also attend each week but is not allowed to attend in the place of the registered student.
– We like to keep our class size small – so we limited it to six so that the puppies aren’t overwhelmed and each team gets individual teacher attention and assistance.
– If you have two puppies, living within the same family, that you’d like to bring together, please use coupon code “2nddog” for 50% off your second puppy’s registration fee.
– We’re sorry, but this class does not cover behavior challenges such as severe on-leash reactivity (barking, growling, and/or lunging at others while on leash), excessive barking, separation anxiety, confinement distress, extreme fearfulness of people or dogs, or aggression as these cannot be covered in a group class setting. If you are already experiencing this type of behavior with your puppy, please check out our private training options. This way, we can tailor a training program to tackle your puppy’s individual needs.