“Signing up for puppy class at All Dogs Allowed was one of the best decisions we ever made! It’s really helped us to be confident and competent puppy parents. We truly can’t thank you enough for all your knowledge and help over the past seven weeks. We have had several people comment on how well behaved our puppy is out in public and how well she walks on her leash. She is only 4 1/2 months old! We are so proud of her and we wouldn’t be where we are today without your class. We look forward to the next level and cannot wait to see what it brings.”
Did you know that your puppy’s “critical socialization window” is the most important and influential period in their life and that this window closes sometime between twelve and eighteen weeks of age? It’s true! At this young age – and vital stage of development – your puppy’s social skills are much more important than their obedience and your primary focus should be on social skills and introducing your puppy to other puppies and people, as well as new surfaces, noises, objects, and obstacles. Now, imagine an indoor, temperature-controlled, off-leash puppy park where a lifeguard is always “on duty” – this interactive class offers a perfect balance of education and socialization! While your puppy plays off-leash (with trainer supervision), you’ll learn about their unique social behavior, social preferences, appropriate vs. inappropriate play, on- and off-leash greetings, dog body language, and more! You’ll learn how to properly socialize your puppy outside of the classroom and even go on “scavenger hunts” with them.
We also tackle manners – potty training, crate training, play biting, jumping on people, and destructive chewing – while not overwhelming the puppies or moving too quickly. It’s best to start teaching your puppy appropriate behavior now, so you can prevent bad habits from ever forming in the first place. Our primary focus is to give you the skills you’ll need so that you’ll form lifelong bonds and raise your puppy to be a well-socialized, well-mannered adult. Our Successful Socialization class is designed to put you and your puppy in a fun and successful learning environment and promises to get you and your puppy excited for training.
– The appropriate ages for this class are any puppies under 15 weeks of age at the start of class that are a small breed of dog. They should be no more than 10 pounds at the end of the 4 weeks. Any puppy over 16 weeks of age should enroll in our Puppy Starters class and any puppies six months or older are welcome to sign up for our Doggie Dates class to socialize with more age-appropriate dogs.
– This class meets weekly, at the designated time, for the next four weeks. If your puppy is younger than 15 weeks of age when your package is complete, you are more than welcome to sign up a second time.
– Since spots go quickly, we require both pre-registration and non-refundable pre-payment to reserve a spot. This helps you (and other interested owners) know exactly which sessions are still available.
– If you have two puppies, living within the same family, that you’d like to bring together, please use coupon code “2nddog” for 50% off your second puppy’s registration fee.
– Behavior challenges (such as severe on-leash reactivity – barking, growling, and/or lunging at others while on leash – excessive barking, separation anxiety, confinement distress, extreme fearfulness of people or dogs, or aggression) cannot be covered in a group class setting. If you are already experiencing this type of behavior with your puppy, please check out our private training options. This way, we can tailor a training program to tackle your puppy’s individual needs.