Lights! Camera! Action! Do you think your dog would make a great “stunt dog” like those in the action films? Why not teach him to play dead, army crawl, or skateboard? In this class, we’ll tackle the tricks and stunts that’ll make your dog a movie star! Then, when you’re ready for the bragging rights, we’ll evaluate for the various levels of “Trick Dog” titles through the American Kennel Club. In the video below, check out Hank’s video submission for the highest level of Trick Dog – the Performer title (TKP). Can you guess all ten of Hank’s tricks? He performed: 1. Wave, 2. Weave, 3. Pow!, 4. Wobble board, 5. Rollover, 6. Tunnel, 7. Interactive game, 8. Dog Walk, 9. Get on, 10. Bow! How many tricks can your dog do?
This is one of our on-going classes so you can enroll and begin coming to class at any time. It is also very flexible and accommodates busy schedules. Weekly attendance is not required, and there are no makeup lessons required for missed weeks. You have ten business weeks to attend your six classes. You do not need to know which six dates you will attend ahead of time. We only ask that if you are going to miss a class, you email your instructor beforehand to let them know. Students are given a chance to renew for another six weeks of fun at the end of each package, and can continue to attend in their class session as long as space is available.
– This class is for any dog six months of age or older, who has graduated from our Foundations class – you do not need to have practiced or mastered anything from Foundations to join us in Trick Dog. We prefer to have unfinished skills from Foundations to work on in Trick Dog, where we can give hands-on help and attention. If you have taken training classes from another trainer in the past, please email – [email protected] – to see if you can jump right into Trick Dog.
– Since spots go quickly, we require both pre-registration and non-refundable pre-payment to reserve a spot. This helps you (and other interested owners) know exactly which sessions are still available.
– This class meets weekly, at the designated time. Weekly attendance is not required, and there are no makeup lessons necessary for missed weeks. This is a much more flexible class that accommodates busy lives and schedules. You have ten business weeks to attend six classes. We do not require you to know which six dates you will attend ahead of time. We only ask that if you are going to miss a class, you email your instructor beforehand to let them know.
– This class does not have lecture time – it is an hour of activities and games for you and your dog each week. So, no more trying to keep them occupied during lecture time! We also like to keep our class size small – so we limited it to four so that each team gets individual teacher attention and assistance. This allows you more one on one time with an instructor so that you get more specific attention to your personal goals and more time for questions, advice, assistance, and critiques.
– If you have more than one dog at home, you don’t have to bring the second dog through Foundations in order for them to attend class with you. If you have two dogs that you’d like to bring together, please use coupon code “2nddog” for 50% off your second dog’s registration fee. We require each dog to have their own handler – one person cannot bring two dogs. If you do not have a second person, you can alternate who you bring to class each week. You could also sign your dog up for their own class at a different day/time. Of course, signing each dog up for their own session has its benefits but we have several couples enrolled with two dogs in the same class. We’re really very flexible.
– We’re sorry, but this class does not cover behavior challenges such as severe on-leash reactivity (barking, growling, and/or lunging at others while on leash), excessive barking, separation anxiety, confinement distress, extreme fearfulness of people or dogs, or aggression as these cannot be covered in a group class setting. If you are experiencing this behavior, please check out our Private Training options, especially our Private Activities package, so you can have the training center (and your instructor) all to yourself.